The Latch On group and their tutor Aoife, have been doing amazing work, promoting sustainability. Since September, they have started projects around the centre, including:
- Collecting our kitchen waste in the new hot composter: Hot composters break down waste quickly because of the heat they create
- Creating signs to raise awareness about energy use, water use and waste: There are tips and reminders at our taps and light switches to turn off!
- Hosting a Christmas market to raise money for charity: Wreaths, homemade cleaning products and bird food balls all sold out quickly!
- Growing tomatoes from seeds they collected: From table to pots to our polytunnel, it will be exciting to see these plants grow!
- Gardening for biodiversity and creating an ‘insect motel’: Insect motels can create important spaces for bees, beetles and other insects to shelter!
See a video of some of their work!